Mirrordrum painted 2
This is the one where we were supposed to go wand'ring off the beaten path and then screencap our wanderings.
Using the basic watercolor technique, I corrected the image then did my merged visibles [mv] layers.
I did filter>artistic>cutout 4, 4, 2, luminosity 100% on the first of the duplicated layers. I really liked the image just like that, actually.
On the next level I used filter>artistic>dry brush hard light 80%.
Next I set a copy of the original mv level to luminosity at 42%.
I duplicated that layer and added filter>distort>diffuse glow, 3, 2, 13. I set it to color burn at 25 %.
I did a second merged visibles layer [that's the top layer] and labeled it mv2. I added some texture to that layer: filter>texture>texturizer>sandstone set to 61%, 2, top right. I then added filter>brush strokes>cross hatch 4, 1, 2.
I saved all that and made a screen capture. That's a wonderful little tool, by the way. I've been using PS to do it but this is ever so much better.
I then merged all layers. To make a border I chose layer>new layer>from background. I did select>select all then modify>border>20. Then edit>stroke set to 1 px, white [ffffff], inside, screen, 100%, preserve transparency.
If you want to reduce the visibility of the stroke you can use edit>fade stroke.
The next graphic is the screencap of the layers for this image.